Wednesday 7 January 2009

Amsterdam Life 2009

I managed to add some photos, success!

I am in Amsterdam. Living in Mark’s and Gladys’ house (and Bodils’) without paying rent; as am in the unfortunate situation of being unemployed and homeless! This is nowhere near as bad as it sounds, in fact, I am quite enjoying it. M&G are in Mexico and Craig is in Austria – But ANNA is in the DAM.
Basically got some bad advice from an immigration agent, bla bla bla – moved to Amsterdam.

Craig already hunted down a job, sorted a flat (for Feb-Mar) and got us bikes. Myself, I opted to laze around Sweden for a few weeks – visited grandparents and father, all is the same there. Mother on the other hand is making great technological progress, and has recently purchased her own laptop, installed skype AND got a webcam. Now I just need to figure out my webcam and then we can sit and look at each other all evenings long.

Started the job-application process again. Forgot what a hassle it is. Met with a few agencies (and no, I don’t want to consider agency recruitment but thanks for asking) and had one interview so far. Today. Took 4 hours. Afterwards felt exhausted almost as if had been at work. Looking at a few temp options too. Imagine, though, when one is working one would give anything to NOT be working. Then one is not working, and doing nothing all day apart from looking for jobs… It’s a twisted world.

Amsterdam is beautiful. When the sun shines it’s too pretty, totally different feel from London.

Also focusing more on self, in a spiritual way. Doing some very interesting reading, and not just the spiritual stuff – but about the world in general. There is so much to know. Must be a little careful with this spiritualism, it’s not for everyone. In “The Power of Now” it says that whenever someone says “Sorry to have kept you waiting” you should simply reply “I was not waiting. I was enjoying myself – in joy in myself.” Naturally this was the conclusion of a whole chapter about not spending your life waiting to live your life – but taken out of context like that it won’t always work… If someone didn’t suspect you were bonkers before, they will after you said that to them. Still, my mood should not depend on what others think, so it didn’t matter.

No comments: