Wednesday 22 August 2012

Day 23: my favourite book

Too many to even mention!

Am a bit of a book-fanatic, and will read (almost) anything. But across time, I guess one book stands out as clear favourite and winner in all categories. People who know me will know this, and suggest that my style of writing is inspired by this book. This is true. For two reasons; I liked the style. Also, for many countless years, my life WAS this book.

Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason.

These days, life has changed somewhat - and can no longer turn to BJ (or, as commonly referred to, the Bible) for everything. Used to be that could use the Bible for advice, for fortune-telling, as well as for reliable source of entertainment.

Would, at one point in life, pick book up almost daily - select random paragraph - and base day around it, like how some people might use a tarot-deck.

In truth, even based a university-assignment around it once. Yes. Fortunately school was on dodgy side - and teachers not well read enough - so whole thing went unnoticed.

Not very intellectual, but seriously. At 17, read Dostoevsky. It was all downhill from there people. Booze kills braincells, it is true.



No comments: