Sunday 26 August 2012

Day 24: a moment

Had moment involving depressed looking dog picked out, but... looking at the headline "a moment" and cannot help recalling last, horrendous, flight to Sweden. In particular this one, well, moment.

Had massive night evening before. Night had, to top things off, been last of several. Arrived at airport SIX hours early. Am not the sort of person who runs late. Anyhow. Endured the six hours with nothing but bottle of water as could not face airport shopping area to search for food. Figured in-flight food would be marvellous, as tend to love in-flight food (cute little tray filled with cute little lovely things to eat).

When ordered ticket had requested vegetarian meal. And now for the moment: Vegetarian meal arrives. Am starving. Turns out, to airline, vegetarian is same thing as vegan. But worse than that - anorectic vegan. In front of me is three gigantic slices of steamed capsicum, resting in capsicum juice. Served with a small green salad. NO bread. No cake. No biscuits with cheese.

Am still surprised made it through this alive.

On return flight, was not only supremely well rested - and had just eaten - I also packed several packets of cookies in my handbag.

(Did, on the other hand, forget my RRV; resident return visa - but that is another moment.)

NOW, of course, I do aspire towards veganism - but it seriously feels like bad idea on a hangover.

3 comments:

Tuuli said...

Resident return visa? What?? What is that? When do I get that?? Mainly, when do I need that??

Anna said...

Well apparently you don't! haha! You are supposed to apply whenever you leave the country, after your initial 5 years (I think it's 5 years, whenever your permanent residency visa runs out). But I didn't have mine and the customs at Copenhagen managed to look me up in some sort of database... thought for a moment I wasn't getting on that flight... But in the end I did!

Tuuli said...

After careful consideration, I've decided to combat this by getting the citizenship.