Friday 15 June 2012

Terrible Cook

Have for a few years now fancied myself as a bit of a genius in the kitchen, much like Nigella Lawson-style-Masterchef-contestant (if were ever to be on TV).

Readers of this blog may have noticed it.

Now, however, I think it is high time for me to revise this optimistic view of my cooking skills. The truth is: am really not all that great.

Attempted something new today. Something "easy" which, incidentally, had seen on Masterchef recently. French Toast. Too easy, for a whiz like myself!

Recipe??? Pfffffft!!! Not needed. On we go.

What eventually ended up on plate was not French Toast. Not sure what it was - but definitely not French Toast. Sadly. Was horrible soggy mess scented with cinnamon. Hubby was deeply disappointed.

Hubby "Why can't you just use a recipe?!"
Me "I never use a recipe, cooking is so easy!"
Hubby "I would enjoy eating more if you did."
Me "I would enjoy your company more if you shut up."

But. Most not be angry. He was right. Am terrible cook.

Terrible.


1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Haha! Gulliga du!