Sunday 9 September 2012

Aussie

I'm calling it. No more list. What list?

This, really, refers back to previous post about self being slightly lazy at times.

In other news, have become a Citizen! Was really easy. Exam itself took all of 2 minutes - literally. In fact, compared to getting de facto a few years back - getting citizenship was a walk in the park. Went to little local ceremony in Mullum, and have already had to participate in council vote. Voting might be the only downside to citizenship. I know, I know - is precious right we should all value and so on.

Have voted in Sweden exactly once. So whole experience interesting and new. Although do not think we vote for "Mayor" in Sweden. Do we?

So now am legitimate aussie.

3 comments:

Tuuli said...

Ooh congrats! Also really glad to hear it was really easy...!

Anna said...

It was. Let me know if you need any help, it's fairly straightforward. Contact them to get the little info booklet that the test is based on - everything you need is in that.

Unknown said...

Very belatedly catching up on your 'blog. I blame the months that my personal laptop has been in a coma. Congratulations on gaining your dual citizenship! xx