Sunday 5 January 2014

Mad Scales

It's not a secret that I have no understanding of anything operated by pressing of buttons and reading of screens. For example the telly, laptop, phone or alarm clock.

In fact as recently as this morning hubby yelled at me "learn how to use your phone!" He didn't say "fucking phone" - pardon my french - as then he would have lost 10 bucks to the swear jar.

Hubby and I are trying to stop swearing. Since a couple of days ago.

We each started with $100 in credit. I am now on -$180. MINUS.

Back to my point.

The scales. The mad high tech scales belonging to my sister-in-law. They display digital numbers and are operated by pressing buttons. Therefore impossible for me to use.

I did figure out, however, what my current weight is. I flew into a wild panic (I even went for a 30 minute swim in the local pool).

Scales had proceeded to tell me my bmi. I was obese. OBESE.

So I thought. Until hubby figured out that this, surely, was an impossibility. How on earth could scales know my height? I don't know, I sobbed in a obesity induced panic - they just, like, DO!

Hubby reckons that at some point in time my sis-in-law has typed her height into scales, as if scales were a computer. And this info is used to calculate bmi. HER bmi.

Very relieved. Very pleased to know that am in fact NOT obese. Sis-in-law is a good 20 centimeters shorter than me.

Nevertheless will try to do more exercise and stop eating so much. Got into bad habit when was breastfeeding and sleep deprived. Was looking beautifully emaciated there for a bit. Oh how quickly things can change!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Jag dör! (Förlåt) Jag tror förövrigt seriöst att du kan slappna av med vikten.

Anonymous said...

Tack tack! Jo så farligt är det nog inte! Men alltså. Sluta inte amma över julen en annan gång... eller I semmel-tid! Ha.
Anna