Wednesday 29 February 2012

A Big Day

Had a couple of friends stay a night - took them to Treehouse in Belongil for pizza, as we normally do when visitors are here. We are probably more excited to go there than visitors. As usual hubby and I were pretending for a few minutes that we might order a pizza and a salad to share; followed by ordering a pizza each.

Today is a big day. Today, for first time since June 2010 - am getting my hair cut. There shall be NO before / after picture. Sorry to disappoint. It had somehow passed me by - but have recently realised hair is disaster of gigantic proportions. Looks bad, also hair falling off leaving piles of it all around house. And I hate vacuuming.

So today is the Day. Going to be something of a challenge for hairdresser.

By the way, I have great respect for hairdressers. Used to think hairdressing was probably really easy; until unfortunate incident involving myself, a pair of scissors and hubby's hair.
That sad episode ended with hubby's mother having to shave his head. Ever since then, I respect hairdressers and appreciate the difficulty of hairdressing.

Back in the day, when living in Sydney's Inner West - used to be so lucky as to live with a (former) hairdresser. Was so sweet. He would cut hair in exchange for two bottles of Yellow; one for me, one for him.
Yellow was consumed during styling. Not sure how this was possible, but always thought it looked absolutely great after it was done and the bottles empty.

Hmm.



1 comment:

Emmy said...

Hoppas du gillar nya frillan då =) Kram