Saturday 25 February 2012

Birthday

Birthdays are a good time of year to reflect on changes that occur as we grow older and wiser. According to tradition I always think back on previous birthdays as far as I can remember; what did I do, where was I - and so on.

Until I get to about 2006/7 - anything before then is kind of a blur.

Anyway.

2011: Byron Bay: Lovely meal at restaurant outside Byron - early night, home.

2010: Sydney: Out on the town with bunch of friends - in spite of having some sort of eye-ailment rendering me practically blind, still managed to have too many drinks and stay out too late. Was middle of week but friends are hardcore drinkers...

2009: Amsterdam: Japanese restaurant with a couple of friends. Fairly early night, rode bikes home - nobody fell over.

2008: London: Was terribly depressed, hated what was doing and also thought was getting too old. Can now look back on this moment in time knowing life was about to get a lot better; also I was not bloody old! Now I am old.


Things I have said in recent time which I would have sworn blind I would never say if asked 10 years ago:

"Old toothbrushes are excellent for cleaning purposes"
"I need a good grater"
"I don't eat dead animals"
"I couldn't live in a big city"
"I'm always asleep before 10"
"I have to do some gardening"
"I just ordered five new recipe books"
"I simply must get a leaf-blower"
"No thank you, I am not drinking today"
"Is it Friday? I didn't realise"


Hubby took me to lunch this year - awesome little cafe called the Concious Cafe, in the Bay.




Raw cacao and banana rice-milk smoothie - very nice, as it would want to be for 8 bucks! But the food was quite cheap...






3 comments:

Yvette said...

Food looks delish! Can't wait to try that place.
Sounds like a lovely birthday xx

Emmy said...

Grattis i efterskott! =)

Lina said...

Grattis i efterskott, det låter som om du har haft en härlig dag!