Thursday 8 November 2012

Hippy Yoga

Hubby would like to clarify that he never laughed and said "no" when asked if I looked ok. And if he did do that - which he didn't do - then he meant it as a joke. Besides, he probably wasn't listening to me.

See baby, am fair to you on blog.


Pregnancy yoga today. Totally different from Bikram. No similarities at all. This is more about introducing oneself, connecting with baby for a little while, focusing on breathing and doing some light stretching. Last week a woman was there whose due date it was. She got to lie down on a rug in middle of room and we all got to give her a massage. Felt a bit hippy-ish - but she was not there today so guess it worked.

Worrying statement made by yoga-teacher: "Your jaw is strongly connected with your pelvis. Through opening your mouth wide, your pelvis can open - and you may deliver your baby."

Yikes!!
As avid reader of this blog you may know about my deformed jaw-bones. Cannot open mouth very widely at all, and not for long periods of time. In fact, thus far in pregnancy - concern about my jaw has been my biggest fear in relation to giving birth.
I mean, the rest of it I just haven't thought about.
But if my jaw locks, I will panic. No two ways about it, they will have to put me under.

So tentative plan had been to get a little plastic biting-ring, such as babies use when teething, to bite down hard on so as to prevent opening mouth at all during delivery.
But if what yoga-teacher says is true, then this plan has some serious flaws... shit... who can I speak to who is an expert on deformed jaws as well as childbirth?


No comments: