Friday 9 November 2012

The Tragic Death of a Wallaby

A wallaby is a smaller more discreet version of a kangaroo.

Anyway, this morning I headed out on to the deck to throw feed into the fish-pond. Was in usual trance /zen-like state of existence and noticed nothing out of the ordinary. One minute later hubby goes out on deck, sees pond through peripheral vision and yells "How the hell did you miss that?!" in agitated tone.

"Miss what?" I ask suspiciously picturing gigantic venomous snake hanging from rooftop or something like that.

"The f...ing dead wallaby in the pond!" yells hubby.

Cannot believe it. This makes it to my top 10 of things I have missed due to not being very observant.

We are crushed. How could this happen? Stupid, stupid pond. Want to get rid of it. Did not build it, previous owner did. What a ridiculous idea. Stupid pond.

I say to hubby "Unfortunately I can't help you. Pregnant women are not supposed to handle dead animals."

Sure have read it somewhere.

No comments: